Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Republic Day

It's after almost four years that I got a chance to celebrate the Republic Day in India (i.e after I r2i'ed). It was a great feeling and especially in a very innovative educational institution like Eklavya, the satisfaction quadrupled.

The chief guests for a change were the grand parents of the school students and not your usual run of the mill politicians or powerful people. Well in some sense it was good as the skit prepared by the senior school students would not have gone well with the politicians.

Anyways, as I have already shared with the school authorities about my experience of Eklavya. I thought I must talk about it very briefly on the blog -- it was phenomenal. All the things that a school needs to provide: experiential learning, physical activities, spiritual learning, civic responsibility is happening here. If someone wants to provide holistic education, you just need to buy a ticket to Ahmedabad and you will say what is the practical definition of that. And, mind you the school has processes in place that ensure that the children are not stressed out at all.

Well, if I continue to talk about Eklavya, I would require 2-3 more posts and I will do that once I get back to Delhi. In the meantime, I wish everyone a very Happy Republic Day.

No comments: