Saturday, January 27, 2007

Eklavya Day I


Every part of my Eklavya experience was extremely professional and innovative -- right from pick up at the Core House to the Roshin Apartments to the bus timings. It seemed as if I was picked up from a civilian world to the military world, where discipline and punctuality have an important role to play. Anyways, I checked into the Roshin apartments at around 8.30 pm and the next thing was to get something to eat. I was fortunate to find a dhaba very close to my apartment and got a chance to eat some really spicy food (the amount of spice in bhaaji was a clear indicator of why Gujaratis put so much sugar in all the dishes they eat ;)).

After getting some grub I got a chance to visit the Tata Sky Mall – my god! These malls were exactly similar to the Safeway stores of the US. Probably, the only difference was that they had jalebi instead of donuts or croissant. Well, the government may have been thinking of stopping FDI in retail, however, I am not sure if they plan to do anything with the domestic conglomerates. BTW, I am also not sure if there needs to be a blanket opposition to the FDI in retail – well, it’s a Pandora box with lots of economic analysis involved so I shall keep that for a different post.

No comments: