Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Quotes and children?

genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
By Thomas Alva Edison

This quote has impressed on me the most of all the other quotes that I have read. Every now and then when I am reminded of my limitations, I take solace into this quote -- in some sense this quote acts as a guiding light to work hard, to achieve one's goals and not be lured by shortcuts in life.

Can these knowledge nuggets help us in knocking down our internal demons? I wanted to see if quotes should also become a part of child's learning process. Let me know what you think about this in the comments below?

1 comment:

Neha Gupta said...

Tarun,

I think it's a good idea.Such phrases always inspire young ones in the right direction.In fact they act as true friends and guides in their moments of solitude.

Neha