Tuesday, January 09, 2007

where was I? and Indian Montessori Congress

Firstly, I would like to apologize to theSchoolBlog readers for not being able to write about our activities for a week or so. Actually, I was gone on a very important mission and the mission was to find out what’s wrong with the Indian education system at the primary and elementary level. Why do we produce only engineers, doctors and CA’s from our schools and not leaders; why do we produce people who can remember the whole history text book by heart, however, they feel inadequate when it comes to solving a tricky analytical problem; why do the youngsters of today are so impatient and rowdies; why are the school going children of today getting fat and are depressed – Well, the list of grim realities is long, however, as an eternal optimist let me say that as a questioner I was not only satisfied with the answers but I also found some good answers on how to completely eliminate these problems.



So, the thing that kept me busy, for last four-five days, was the Indian Montessori Congress 2007. And everyday I would post about the learning and knowledge that I gained from the congress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.