Monday, January 15, 2007

r2i

the title stands for return to India (r2i) -- I was earlier adamant with Yogita that I would not talk about my background and stay in US on this blog. However, everytime I am involved in a decent conversation with anyone about my stay in US and leaving my cozy job voluntarily -- I have to go through this long discussion of whether the decision was 'right'. To me the decision was crystal clear about what I am getting into and more importantly the reasons behind it. However, what sickens me is the simple fact that why can't a person come back to his/her country and be a contributing citizen in the society that helped him/her shape in what he/she is -- is it so illogical afterall?


The other reason that I have given this heading the importance (see the hdr above) is because I do want to share my experiences with others so that everyone understands that India offers a lot of opportunities -- and not only problems. Even if there are problems, who else is more capable to solve then the educated youth of the society.

If you differ in your opinion on this basic premise, please share your opinions.

(BTW, the above picture was taken by Yogita and I on our last day in Seattle).

No comments: